Monday, September 12, 2011

Failing to plan is planning to fail . . .

Yep. That about sums it up.

I've never been one to not achieve a goal I set, even if it takes me longer than it should. But once again, I've allowed myself to become distracted and end up further from where I wanted to be.

This Saturday is the 10K I registered for a few months back. I haven't run in a month and the last time I did I went a mile. Needless to say I'm pretty disappointed that I've made no real attempt to achieve this. I've also managed to gain a few pounds that are slowing me down even more making me want to work out less and less.

On Saturday I will go out there and take however long it takes to finish. Then I will find another race in the spring and get myself back to where I need to be to cross this off my list once and for all.


Supposing you have tried and failed again and again. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. ~Mary Pickford

No comments:

Post a Comment