Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Get comfortable with being uncomfortable

A lot of what holds me back at the gym is worrying about what other people think. I think about how sweaty and red faced I am after only 5 minutes minute on the treadmill and that I'm breathing like an 80 year old with emphysema. Well, both are true but why should I care? I'm there to work out and to push myself. Sometimes it isn't pretty but it's what it takes to make progress.

Tonight I told myself to get comfortable with being uncomfortable, but I was REALLY uncomfortable with it. The more I tried not to focus on my heavy breathing and wheezing, the more I thought I should just stop and walk.

Yes, I run slow, and yes, it isn't easy for me even at that pace, but I'm doing it. I got off the couch, laced up my sneaks and attempted to do something that doesn't come naturally. So there!

No comments:

Post a Comment