Monday, September 19, 2011

Starting over is better than quitting...




At least that's what I'm telling myself as I struggle to get back on track. My goal tonight was to run two miles and I only made it one. I was able to do it in 10:47 but sounded like I was 80 years old with emphysema. I was wheezing and gasping for air but I finished. I guess that's something.

I have to start almost from square one which is a bummer, but I won't let it stop me from getting back to where I was. After I ran the mile I did sprints for a quarter mile each at 5.6, 5.7, 5.8 and 5.9. That pretty much used up any remaining oxygen in my lungs. It was hard but I pulled it together, remembered my mantra to FOCUS and am able to say that I achieved what I set out to do today. I haven't been able to say that in a long time.

"No road is too long for he who advances slowly and does not hurry, and no attainment is beyond his reach who equips himself with patience to achieve it."

No comments:

Post a Comment