Tuesday, August 23, 2011

What's on YOUR Bucket List?

I like the idea of having a "bucket list" and checking off goals as I accomplish them. When's the last time you did something new for the first time? When's the last time you did something that scared you?
The answer to both questions for me is jumping off a diving board a few weeks ago. I like to test my limits and push past my fears, but it isn't always easy. My motto is "Feel the fear and do it ANYWAYS." I have a lot of things still on the list and hope I get to check all of them off.

My Bucket List



Surf a wave - I've taken one lesson and it didn't go well...


Swim with dolphins


Ride in a hot air balloon


See as much of the world as I can (Africa, Hawaii, and Prague are on the list)


Wear a two piece bathing suit


Skydive to celebrate turning 60


Run a 10K


Run a Half Marathon



Things I've checked off the list

Learned to drive a stick shift (forced myself by buying a brand new car I could barely drive off the lot)

Driven cross-country and visited many cities including New York, Baltimore, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Las Vegas, Dallas


Been to London, Paris, Bermuda, Aruba, Turks & Caicos and adding Germany to the list next week


Learned to swim (took my first lesson four years ago)


Worked in New York City


Found my dream job


Snorkeled


Ran a 5K


Completed a half marathon twice


No comments:

Post a Comment