Monday, September 19, 2011

Green Goddess





Those who know me know that you won't catch me eating salad unless it consists of iceberg lettuce, a slice of cucumber and French dressing. Years of disliking veggies is finally catching up with me and I had to find a way to start incorporating them into my diet.

I came across a great blog called Green Monster Movement that contains recipes for green drinks. A sneaky way to get in some much needed vegetables if I do say so myself. Last week I got myself the knock off version of the Magic Bullet, a high speed blender that creates the drink right in the glass so there's less mess to clean up.

I experimented with a concoction that I'm calling the Green Goddess and here are the results. I blended orange/carrot juice with some spring water, baby spinach and frozen tropical fruit (strawberries, pineapple and banana). Taste? DELICIOUS! The baby spinach is unidentifiable other than the color and it tastes like a tropical fruit drink.

Tonight I'm going to throw in a few baby carrots as well and see how many other veggies I can add without affecting the taste.


http://greenmonstermovement.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment